Spiced Loaf Cake Recipe
Using our signature sweet spice blend to create a quick, simple spice loaf cake. Great with a cuppa!
Write a review
- 225g Plain Flour
- 3 tsp My Sweet Blend
- 80g Brown Sugar or Caster Sugar
- Zest of one Lemon or Orange
- 110g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Few drops of Vanilla Essence (optional)
- 100g Sultanas
- Put oven on to 170C
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the sweet blend, sugar, zest, butter, bicarb and baking powder
- Either by hand or using a food mixer, mix all ingredients together, ensure butter is fully mixed in
- Then crack in both eggs and mix some more
- Finally add the honey, optional vanilla essence and sultanas and mix one last time
- Pour into a lined loaf tin
- Place in the oven, middle shelf for 35 mins, check it at this point to ensure it is cooked through.
- If its not quite there, leave in for further 5 mins and check again.
- Remove and either eat it warm or leave to fully cool
- Great with a cup of tea of coffee.
Freshly Spiced http://freshlyspiced.co.uk/